STEMpact’s STEM Leadership Series are workshops for school and district administrators, principals, coordinators and leaders interested in bringing a stronger STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) mindset and intention to school and classroom practices. It is open to individuals and teams.
TOPICS: 2018-2019 STEM Leadership Workshops
- Tuesday October 10: STEM in the Elementary Classroom
- Tuesday November 13: STEM in the Middle School Classroom
- Thursday December 13: Best Practices in High Quality Classrooms
- Wednesday January 23: STEM in Art, PE/Health, Music, Drama
- Tuesday February 12: Technology Integration
Sheet Metal Workers Grand Hall, 2319 Chouteau Avenue, St. Louis, MO 63103
8:00 – 8:30 Check in and continental breakfast
8:30 – 11:30 Workshop session
STEMpact sponsors the STEM Leadership Series. There is no cost for participating. Registration is required.
Partnering with the Missouri Math and Science Coalition, these STEM Leadership workshop programs focus on how to deeply integrate STEM principles into classrooms and schools. Leaders from schools and school districts throughout the bi-state region are invited to come together to strengthen collective STEM efforts by learning, sharing and exploring the Carnegie STEM Excellence Pathway rubric tool.
The Leadership Series focuses on:
- STEM best practices for classrooms and schools, resources and opportunities, strategies and successes from others who have launched STEM initiatives, sharing and networking
- Real world STEM experiences with field trips to STEM work places and presentations from those working in STEM fields
- Implementation ideas and examples for meeting the Carnegie STEM Excellence Pathways standards, which is done in cooperation with the Missouri Math and Science Coalition